BUSINESS ALLIANCE TO END FAMILY VIOLENCE INITIATIVE
When the family violence epidemic spills over into the workplace, it costs American businesses billions of dollars in employee sick days, medical and mental health expenses, health insurance, time away from work, downtime, high turnover and more.
Would your business like to save thousands of dollars due to such lost productivity?
One of the best ways to do so is for your business to become a member of our Business Alliance To End Family Violence and establish a workplace violence program to prevent family violence and help your employees who have become victims or are abusers.
Our Business Alliance is modeled after the highly-successful Corporate Alliance To Prevent Partner Violence in Illinois. Members include such well-known companies as:
- Eastman Kodak
- Fifth & Pacific Companies (formerly Liz Claiborne Inc.)
- Health Care Service Corporation – Blue Cross & Blue Shield of IL, NM, OK & TX
- Mary Kay Cosmetics
- State Farm Insurance
- Verizon Wireless
The mission of our Business Alliance To End Family Violence is to help end family violence by leveraging the strength and resources of the corporate community. We believe that business plays an essential role in raising awareness of the issue and that our sustained efforts will help dramatically reduce family violence.
We envision enhanced corporate profitability through reduction of rising expenses related to family violence, such as health care costs and expenses due to low productivity, high turnover, and absenteeism.
When your business becomes a member with a monthly contribution determined by the number of your employees, we can help your business to establish a workplace violence program.
Our Business Alliance offers extensive research, policy knowledge and issue expertise exclusively to its members. You’ll receive personalized assistance implementing programs tailored to your organization’s culture and objectives. Whether you need training, speaking points, program guidance or crisis consultation, we’re always at your service. We understand your priorities and issues and know what works.
- Customized education and prevention programs
- Regular updates on legislation, best practices, member efforts
- Seminars, training sessions and special access to speakers
- Gender-neutral and diversity-sensitive materials
- Pre- and post-implementation surveys to target efforts and measure results
- Assistance on developing community outreach programs and partnerships
- Extensive networking opportunities with other members
Our materials and messages are tailored to business. Our programs are designed with the workplace in mind.